Sunday 31 January 2010

Ghosts Who Went To School by Judith Spearing

This book was written by Ladydi's, mother and I really enjoyed reading it as it was very interesting!

The book is about a ghost called Wilbur who wants to go to school. He starts going but the class notice something is going on as a pencil starts writing by itself. After a while Wilbur starts to appear, and every one in the class really likes him. The teacher Miss Hartley says he can stay if he doesn't disappear too much.

Things start to happen as the bank want to sell Wilbur's family's house but they have to do their best to get the bank not to sell it. Wilbur's family are all ghosts his mum, dad, his brother Mortimer and him all died when they were struck by lightning. Normally no-one comes near their house because it is haunted so the family get a suprise when people from the bank come to try and sell it.

This book is really interesting and it is about how Wilbur and his family have to live with other people. I really enjoyed this book even though it is really written for younger readers as it is very funny and exciting. I would give it a 9 out of 10. Thank you so much to Diana for letting me borrow this book!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Dot, I've been sorting out a lot of my childrens' books recently and wondered if you had read any by Anne Fine? I have a couple I could send you if you've not read them. "Goggle Eyes" is one of them... I can't remember the other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a very fun read! Gina mentioned Anne Fine, and we've recently read The Angel of Nitshill Road - have you come across that one? We really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you like the books, Dot, and of course they are not on loan, they are a gift. I know used books don't seem very gift like, but since you like to read as much as I do, I was pretty sure you wouldn't mind, especially as they aren't available new. I am amazed at how quickly you can get through a book! Once you start your quilt, all that may change. :>}

    ReplyDelete