Sunday 31 January 2010

Books in the post

When I started this blog I never expected people to send me books to borrow, to give me recommendations on what to read next or have conversations with me about books. But that has happened and I'm so pleased that it has!

I have received some books from Diana, Ladydi, all the way from Ohio. These book are Curtain Up by Noel Streatfeild. This is another name for the book that she wrote called Theatre Shoes. She also sent me a book written by her mother called the Ghosts who went to School. I feel very privileged to be sent this book and I really enjoyed reading it.


I also got some books from Michaela, whose blog is called the The Stash Basket. These are Mandy by Julie Edwards. It is actually written by Julie Andrews who is in a lot of films such as the Sound of Music, The Princess Diaries and many more. Michaela also lent me Feather Boy by Nicky Singer, The Black Riders and The Emerald Crown by Violet Needham.


I can't wait to read these books and I'm very grateful that Michaela and Diana sent me these! Thank you so much to everyone who reads me blog I really appreciate it!

4 comments:

  1. What lovely parcels you received. I think you'll find that bloggy people are wonderful people - especially the crafty ones ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you lucky thing - Kitty's right, crafty bloggy people tend to be very kind and generous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Julie Andrews wrote books, in addition to singing and acting. What a talented lady! Have you seen her in "Eloise"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very welcome! I have lots more here...

    ReplyDelete